current cvs version build issues
Daniel Jacobowitz
drow@mvista.com
Thu Oct 23 02:31:00 GMT 2003
On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 12:06:41AM +0100, J. Grant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having a little trouble getting current cvs to build, I wonder if
> someone could help me find the problems.
>
> $ ./configure
First of all, don't do that, use a separate build directory.
> checking for c++... c++
> checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ -g -O2 ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
> cannot create executables.
That means that there _was_ a 'c++' in your path but it didn't work, I
bet.
For the rest, you have checked out src. You probably only want to
check out the binutils module. You're probably not interested in sid
(and from that build failure I guess not many people use the copy in
this repository at all).
> Is there an IRC channel where binutils developers meet up to chat?
Not really.
--
Daniel Jacobowitz
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer
More information about the Binutils
mailing list