current cvs version build issues

Adam Megacz adam@megacz.com
Thu Oct 23 04:44:00 GMT 2003


Please take me off this list.  The unsubscribe address in the headers
(List-Unsubscribe:
<mailto:binutils-unsubscribe-adam=megacz.com@sources.redhat.com>) is
broken.

  - a


Jim Wilson <wilson@specifixinc.com> writes:
> On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 19:31, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > That means that there _was_ a 'c++' in your path but it didn't work, I
> > bet.
> 
> The top-level configure.in file defaults CXX to c++ if it isn't set. 
> This seems curious, but I suspect it has never been a problem because we
> don't have any host C++ code.  Sid is in C++, but is not in wide use. 
> Dejagnu has configure checks for C++, but last time I checked, it
> doesn't need it for the build, it only needs it for the testsuite. 
> Well, OK, there is gperf, but that is in target_tools, so that it gets
> built after gcc/libstdc++, which means we don't need a pre-existing C++
> compiler to build it.  And I see gperf isn't even in the src tree,
> though it did used to be in the Cygnus tree.
> -- 
> Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com
> 
> 

-- 
"Education is not filling a bucket but lighting a fire." -- WB Yeats



More information about the Binutils mailing list