Re: Importing inttypes methods

On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 4:45 AM, Aditya Upadhyay <aadit0402@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have declared all *_l methods within __BSD_VISIBLE guard in
> inttypes.h. I am attaching the patches for rest of the inttypes
> methods. Please review the same. Also i have tried to make the line
> length < 80  in inttypes.h file.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Aditya
>
> On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 7:27 PM, Aditya Upadhyay <aadit0402@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes,
>> I am following the direction.
>>
>> Regards.
>> Aditya Upadhyay

All,

It looks like to me like the str*_l functions in stdlib.h currently
are actually being guarded by __GNU_VISIBLE rather than __BSD_VISIBLE.
You should see if these locale functions from BSD are in glibc, if so
then I believe GNU_VISIBLE is the more appropriate guard? Someone more
knowledgeable on the feature test macros might comment.

Aditya,

I think you have not quite followed this direction closely enough. You
should have some function like _strtoimax_r as the exported re-entrant
version without locale, and a static function _strtoimax_l for the
private implementation. Again, see strtol.c for an example. Please
rework each of your commits following that example as a pattern.  If
no one answers my question above, you should re-ask it as a separate
email in a few days, or ping this.

-Gedare