This is the mail archive of the newlib@sourceware.org mailing list for the newlib project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Importing inttypes methods


On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 7:02 AM, Aditya Upadhyay <aadit0402@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just give a little time. I am creating a new patch set that fix the
> BSD_VISIBLE problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Aditya
>
>
> On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Corinna Vinschen <vinschen@redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Jul 27 19:30, Aditya Upadhyay wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Actually i am new to git and
>>> still learning commands. I am trying my best and want to assure you
>>> that i will be familiar with the git soon. I will try not to repeat
>>> the same mistakes again in future.
>>> I am attaching the fresh new patches for last 4 methods with all
>>> possible changes. I am requesting you to please review the patches.
>>
>> Patches are fine and what we talked about, but I realized belatedly
>> that we have a problem with the inttypes.h header file:
>>
>> Your patch includes xlocale.h only if __POSIX_VISIBLE >= 200809.
>> However, you declare the _l functions unconditionally.  This will
>> break builds which don't define _POSIX_SOURCE to the right value.
>>
>> Additionally, these functions are BSD-only at the moment.  They are
>> neither in glibc nor in POSIX.
>>
>> So, what we should do here is this:
>>
>> * Include xlocale.h only if __BSD_VISIBLE.
>> * Declare the _l functions only if __BSD_VISIBLE, too.
>>
>> It's your choice now:  Do you want to recreate the below patches
>> accordingly, or shall I aplly the patches as they are, and you create
>> a followup patch just fixing inttypes.h?
>>
Corinna, good catch. I mentioned this issue to Joel but it dropped out
the bottom some how. Is it only (for example) the strtoimax_l() that
needs to be guarded, or also the _strtoimax_l? (I suspect only the
strtoimax_l, but want to be clear before the next round of patches
lands here.)

Aditya, Please do make the fixes to the VISIBLE, and also separate the
commits/patches that (1) add unmodified BSD source files from (2) the
commit that modifies the source file and adds it the build system.
Send a complete -v3 patch set with these changes. This set should
include all of your inttypes.h changes, since you will be changing the
first few patches (imaxabs, etc.) to separate the source import from
its use accordingly.

-Gedare

>>
>> Thanks,
>> Corinna
>>
>> --
>> Corinna Vinschen
>> Cygwin Maintainer
>> Red Hat


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]