This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH] Properly get cygwin dir from sub-configure
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 16:40:52 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Properly get cygwin dir from sub-configure
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1459609330-15712-1-git-send-email-pefoley2 at pefoley dot com> <20160404143033 dot GF26762 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <1007243635 dot 45744817 dot 1459805759137 dot JavaMail dot zimbra at redhat dot com> <CAOFdcFM3xTsE4iWQR3UPGc=kUyOXzjmBi0us+OBO+_5SY+oGOg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 2016-04-04 16:38, Peter Foley wrote:
On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 5:35 PM, Jeff Johnston <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
I didn't add that particular line. It dates back to 2003 with Chris Faylor. Configuration
in sub-directories has never worked properly usually due to missing variables set by parent levels.
To be clear, I didn't hit this issue while manually running configure
in a subdirectory.
It occurred during the standard recursive configuration that happens
during a normal build.
You must be doing something differently though because we do "normal
builds" all the time and haven't needed this.