This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Aw: RE: itoa and C++11 std::string
- From: "Stefan Heinzmann" <stefan_heinzmann at gmx dot de>
- To: "Jon Beniston" <jon at beniston dot com>
- Cc: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 15:06:03 +0100
- Subject: Aw: RE: itoa and C++11 std::string
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <trinity-7196f4be-58e5-4ec9-859e-a52d99e6b6c9-1418649150741 at 3capp-gmx-bs15>, <02d401d0186b$928484f0$b78d8ed0$ at beniston dot com>
- Sensitivity: Normal
>> -- Use the largest available integer type
> Using long long isn't very good in terms of code size for 16-bit targets.
> I'd suggest implementing lltoa/ulltoa, as found on other targets, and leaving itoa for int.
That would be ok with me.