This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
RE: itoa and C++11 std::string
- From: "Jon Beniston" <jon at beniston dot com>
- To: "'Stefan Heinzmann'" <stefan_heinzmann at gmx dot de>, <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 13:32:27 -0000
- Subject: RE: itoa and C++11 std::string
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <trinity-7196f4be-58e5-4ec9-859e-a52d99e6b6c9-1418649150741 at 3capp-gmx-bs15>
> -- Use the largest available integer type
Using long long isn't very good in terms of code size for 16-bit targets.
I'd suggest implementing lltoa/ulltoa, as found on other targets, and leaving itoa for int.