This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
RE: [PATCH,MIPS 3/3] Setting of status register based on .MIPS.abiflags
- From: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <Steve dot Ellcey at imgtec dot com>, "newlib at sourceware dot org" <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 22:50:01 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH,MIPS 3/3] Setting of status register based on .MIPS.abiflags
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320F7352C at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <1417025381 dot 31489 dot 284 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey>
> On Tue, 2014-11-18 at 12:26 +0000, Matthew Fortune wrote:
> > + /* Read MIPS_abiflags structure and set status/config registers
> > + accordingly. */
> > + .weak __MIPS_abiflags_start
> > + .weak __MIPS_abiflags_end
> > + LA (t0,__MIPS_abiflags_start)
> > + LA (t1,__MIPS_abiflags_end)
> > + addiu t1,t1,-24
> > + move v0,zero /* Mask for C0_SR. */
> > + bne t0,t1,1f
> I would add a bit more to the comment here to explicitly say that we are
> checking to see if the abiflags structure is defined and jumping to '1f'
> if it is not.
> Other then that the patch looked OK to me.
OK, I agree the test is a bit odd. I'll send an updated patch in the next
day or so.