This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH][AArch64][libgloss] Tidy up WXN bit clearing
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>
- To: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>, "newlib at sourceware dot org" <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 09:08:29 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][AArch64][libgloss] Tidy up WXN bit clearing
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52E77305 dot 7000808 at arm dot com>
On 28/01/14 09:06, Kyrill Tkachov wrote:
The patch I sent out recently to clear the WXN bit could be improved a bit.
We can use the assembler bic-immediate pseudo-instruction instead of a
mov-immediate and register-bic.
This patch shortens that sequence a bit.
Sorry for the noise.
Tested aarch64-none-elf on a model.
P.S. Can someone please install this if ok'd?
2014-01-28 Kyrylo Tkachov <email@example.com>
* aarch64/cpu-init/rdimon-aem-el3.S (flat_map): Use bic-immediate
form to clear WXN bit.
Looks good to me.