Re: Setup non-pushing gerrit instance for glibc.

On Thu, 2019-10-24 at 18:16 -0700, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ian Kent wrote:
>
> > I haven't spent much time with Gerrit but the time I have spent
> > I've found myself thinking Gerrit is designed with the assumption
> > that submissions are "one" patch.
> >
> > I found handling a patch series (which I almost always have when
> > doing changes) rather painful!
>
> Interesting.  The Gerrit project itself[1] uses Gerrit and very often
> uses patch series.  See [2] for an example.
>
> The section in its documentation on "developing multiple changes in
> parallel"[3] (admittedly poorly named) says a little more about this.

Right, and I have managed to get a couple of multi-patch changes
through the Gerrit review process in the past but I found it very
difficult to find out how to achieve it and I expect the same thing
will happen again next time I need do it.

This likely isn't a problem for people that use Gerrit on a day
to day basis (once familiar with the processes).

So I guess my point is that something specific for new adopters is
needed in the documentation, but of course I could be just plain
thick so maybe it's not worth worrying about, ;)

I also haven't looked at the links you provided so maybe I making
noise about nothing at all, OTOH those likes look a bit familiar