This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: V7 test-in-container patch
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <carlos at redhat dot com>, <samuel dot thibault at ens-lyon dot org>, <thomas at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 12:19:20 +0000
- Subject: Re: V7 test-in-container patch
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 16 Aug 2018, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 08/16/2018 01:57 AM, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > > Hurd doesn't have unshare, so you need to avoid building the container
> > > framework there.
> > Is it OK to return UNSUPPORTED for those? I don't think it makes sense
> > to try to work around the whole containerized-test setup if containers
> > are missing.
> UNSUPPORTED would work there. If the Hurd maintainers do not like it, we
> could probably filter out test-containers tests there.
Or the Hurd maintainers could add appropriate Hurd-specific support for
setting up suitable containers for these tests. Surely the Hurd
translator mechanism must be suitably expressive to be able to implement
an equivalent container framework with enough functionality for these
Joseph S. Myers