Re: V7 test-in-container patch

Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> writes:

> There are sill a bunch of style issues, visible in:
>
>    git show | grep '^+.*[^ ($]('

Fixed.

> There are also a few lines longer than 79 characters.

Fixed.  And annoying.  It encourages use of short variable names instead
of more self-documenting longer ones.  Is anyone still coding on a VT52
terminal these days?

> And two instances
> of this:
>
>    git show | grep '\. \*/'

Fixed.

> +#define __USE_LARGEFILE64
>
> That should be:
>
> #define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64

Fixed.

> +/* Equivalent of "mkdir -p".  */
> +void xmkdirp (const char *, mode_t);
>
> This should probably go into <support/xunistd.h>, not <support/support.h>.

Makes sense.  Fixed.

> Hurd doesn't have unshare, so you need to avoid building the container
> framework there.

Is it OK to return UNSUPPORTED for those?  I don't think it makes sense
to try to work around the whole containerized-test setup if containers
are missing.

> The Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 kernel doesn't seem to like this
> combination of flags, even as root:
>
> unshare(CLONE_NEWNS|CLONE_NEWUSER|CLONE_NEWPID) = -1 EINVAL (Invalid
> argument)
>
> Is CLONE_NEWPID really required?

Yes.  You can't mount /proc without it.  Don't ask me why ;-)

Another case for UNSUPPORTED then?

> My concern about the over-use of FAIL_UNSUPPORTED and the UNSUPPORTED
> test status in the container framework remains.  Sure, there are some
> things that can fail due to missing host support, but e.g. a fork file
> shouldn't lead to UNSUPPORTED, but FAIL.

I replaced them all with FAILs.  I was trying to keep "failure of the
test" separate from "failure of the test harness" but I'm OK with it
either way.