This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v8 1/8] nptl: Add C11 threads thrd_* functions
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 16:26:46 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v8 1/8] nptl: Add C11 threads thrd_* functions
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 06/07/2018 09:46, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 02/02/2018 06:04 PM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>> @@ -139,7 +139,9 @@ libpthread-routines = nptl-init vars events version pt-interp \
>> pthread_mutex_getprioceiling \
>> pthread_mutex_setprioceiling \
>> pthread_setname pthread_getname \
>> - pthread_setattr_default_np pthread_getattr_default_np
>> + pthread_setattr_default_np pthread_getattr_default_np \
>> + thrd_create thrd_current thrd_detach thrd_equal \
> thrd_current should live in libc, not in libpthread. Same for thrd_equal, I suppose. You should just duplicate the comparison, seeing that we haven't done that particular cleanup for pthread_equal yet.
> Not sure about thrd_sleep and thrd_yield, but I lean towards libc there as well.
Right, I added all four symbols (thrd_current, thrd_equal, thrd_sleep, and
thrd_yield) to libc on my personal branch  (the change is just to move
the objects from libpthread-routines to routines rule in nptl/Makefile).
I also adjusted the abilist patch with the change.