This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v8 1/8] nptl: Add C11 threads thrd_* functions
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: nd at arm dot com
- Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 16:49:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v8 1/8] nptl: Add C11 threads thrd_* functions
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 10/07/18 20:26, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
On 06/07/2018 09:46, Florian Weimer wrote:
On 02/02/2018 06:04 PM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
@@ -139,7 +139,9 @@ libpthread-routines = nptl-init vars events version pt-interp \
pthread_setname pthread_getname \
- pthread_setattr_default_np pthread_getattr_default_np
+ pthread_setattr_default_np pthread_getattr_default_np \
+ thrd_create thrd_current thrd_detach thrd_equal \
thrd_current should live in libc, not in libpthread. Same for thrd_equal, I suppose. You should just duplicate the comparison, seeing that we haven't done that particular cleanup for pthread_equal yet.
Not sure about thrd_sleep and thrd_yield, but I lean towards libc there as well.
Right, I added all four symbols (thrd_current, thrd_equal, thrd_sleep, and
thrd_yield) to libc on my personal branch  (the change is just to move
the objects from libpthread-routines to routines rule in nptl/Makefile).
I also adjusted the abilist patch with the change.
the abilist patch seems to add
i think you can drop that (and update the ChangeLog).