This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PATCH 0/4] malloc_info: minor fixes and improvements [BZ #17039]
- From: Ken Milmore <ken dot milmore at gmail dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: carlos at redhat dot com, dj at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 20:50:00 +0100
- Subject: [PATCH 0/4] malloc_info: minor fixes and improvements [BZ #17039]
These patches are intended is to rectify a couple of problems with the
output of malloc_info(), to make it useful as a more detailed
alternative to mallinfo() and malloc_stats(). Namely:
1. The reported chunk sizes are typically off by a few bytes (BZ#17039)
2. The size(s) of the "top" heap chunk(s) are not accounted for.
There is also a new unit test to check that the respective outputs of
malloc_info and mallinfo agree exactly.