Re: gag rule joke

Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:

  > You're not in a position to claim that, being a not-woman.

Just as women are entitled to make statements about what men
often do and think, men are likewise entitled to make statements
about what women often do and think.  We all do know something
about various kinds of other people.

Based on the name "Siddhesh", and your way of writing, I have the
impression you are male.  But you too make claims about what
women will think.

Everyone who has posted here is male, it seems.  I have started asking
some women their impressions about the joke.

  > The point in the end is not about *how many* people get offended by the
  > joke or find it in bad taste; the point is that the joke is vague and
  > doesn't really serve any purpose than possibly offending someone.

It serves the purpose of humor, and the purpose of reminding people
about an censorship law which attacks the rights of women (especially
poor women) in many countries.

I don't expect the joke to offend people, so if my purpose had been to
offend, I would have written something else.

  >   This is the most aggressive (by far!) I have seen most of
  > the maintainers become in an email discussion and most of it has been
  > reactions to...

I think that validates my point about aggression.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.