Re: gag rule joke

On Mon, 2018-05-07 at 21:56 -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> Today the mob's target is me;
> tomorrow, it could be anyone.

Where's "the mob" please?  A large group of glibc developers has been
disagreeing with you in a professional manner -- does that justify it
for you to call them "the mob"?  Really?

> It is supremely ironic that people are criticizing me for --
> supposedly -- offending people with an impersonal joke, while pouring
> out gross personal insults and attacks.

I've seen no "gross personal insults" by anyone disagreeing with your
opinion in this thread.  Where's the proof for your accusations?

> I ask the GNU libc maintainers to throw water on these flames.  Let's
> make libc development a safe space, a space where verbal aggression is
> not deployed against those that many disagree with.

Please stop trying to frame this as you being the victim, and the glibc
community being the offender.  All that the glibc developer community
did was to remove one of your "jokes", using the community's consensus
process, and insist that glibc is a consensus-based, community-driven
project.  There was no verbal aggression or anything like that.

Some argued that your opinion counts as much as any other opinion in the
consensus process, and that you don't (or shouldn't) have a special role
with more weight in the consensus process.  Do you characterize that as
"verbal aggression" and "the mob"?