Re: RFC: remove the "tile" architecture from glibc

On Fri, 1 Dec 2017, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> >> it. I'm pretty sure that there are more than just Mellanox' customers
> >> who are using Linux on Tile.
> >
> > In practice, we need people with architecture expertise to resolve
> > questions that arise about an architecture and review
> > architecture-specific patches, and to run the tests before every release
> > during the release freeze period and fix issues found so the release is in
> > good shape for that architecture.
>
> Yes, I'm aware of that and we in Debian are trying to help in these cases
> where ever we can. We have several porterboxes for powerpc*, sparc*, alpha,
> hppa and more available for porters and we're happy to create accounts for
> anyone from glibc upstream to test any changes. In fact, Adhemerval Zanella
> is already one of these users.

The 2.27 release is due out tomorrow.  So far, no test results for tile
have been posted at <https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.27> - and
the same applies to sh and ia64, which also had some interest in them
expressed in this thread.  Are you, or other people you're working with
who have interest in those architectures, working on having results for
those architectures for 2.27 for the wiki page (regenerating libm test
ulps first and getting that regeneration checked in if there would
otherwise be tests failing only because of lack of updated ulps)?

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com