Re: RFC: libc-testresults mailing list

On Wed, 2 Nov 2016, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> Do we expect that libc-testresults is a superset of those builds we have
> connected to our buildbot CI infrastructure?
>
> Do we expect buildbot test results to go to libc-testresults for archiving?

If we add a script to mail out results then I think it would be
appropriate to make our buildbot scripts use it (having made sure that
existing buildbot instances have working outgoing mail and documented that
as a requirement for buildbot instances).  In that case, yes, it would be
a superset of the buildbot builds (note Andrew was asking about where to
send results from a system not hooked up to our buildbot).

We can consider questions such as how much goes in test results mails from
such a script, e.g. do we include the full tests.sum (possibly gzipped and
attached) or just results that aren't PASS, what standard information
about the test environment goes in mails, whether to attach (gzipped) .out
files of failing tests if they aren't too many / too big, how mails should
declare that they are the standard output of the script to allow for
automatic parsing.

It would of course be expected that if someone's build system starts
flooding the list with multiple mails from identical builds (keeping
rebuilding the same versions continuously, or mail system problems
resulting in duplicate mails) then those mails would be blocked until the
problem is sorted out.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com