This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 01/23] [AARCH64] define word size for lp64 and ilp32
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Yury Norov <ynorov at caviumnetworks dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org>, <arnd at arndb dot de>, <catalin dot marinas at arm dot com>, <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>, <philb at gnu dot org>, <davem at davemloft dot net>, <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>, <maxim dot kuvyrkov at linaro dot org>, <pinskia at gmail dot com>, <bamvor dot zhangjian at huawei dot com>, <schwab at suse dot de>, <fweimer at redhat dot com>, <Prasun dot Kapoor at cavium dot com>, <cmetcalf at mellanox dot com>, <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, Andrew Pinski <apinski at cavium dot com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 17:00:28 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 01/23] [AARCH64] define word size for lp64 and ilp32
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1467131978-669-1-git-send-email-ynorov at caviumnetworks dot com> <1467131978-669-2-git-send-email-ynorov at caviumnetworks dot com>
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016, Yury Norov wrote:
> diff --git a/sysdeps/aarch64/bits/wordsize.h b/sysdeps/aarch64/bits/wordsize.h
See what I said in
<https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2016-06/msg00786.html> about "make
other bits/wordsize.h files define the macro to 0". This patch would
break all other architectures (and AArch64 LP64 - you should test build
and testsuite for that, as well as ILP32, and confirm that there are no
testsuite regressions for LP64).
> +/* Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
See what I said in
one-line descriptions before copyright notices. Please check every new
file in every patch in the series for this issue.
All copyright notices should have ranges of years that end in 2016.
Joseph S. Myers