This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix string/test-strncmp.c to work with wide chars.
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Jose E. Marchesi" <jose dot marchesi at oracle dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 22:35:35 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix string/test-strncmp.c to work with wide chars.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87twhfski5 dot fsf at oracle dot com>
On Mon, 30 May 2016, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:
> wcsmbs/test-wcsncmp.c (i.e. string/test-strncmp with defined WIDE)
> triggers a signal in aligment-strict platforms, like sparc*-*-*.
> This patch fixes string/test-strncmp.c to work properly when the test is
> performed on arrays of wide chars. This includes passing align1 and
> align2 to do_test as bytes, and to use more meaningful values for middle
> chars and large chars.
A different patch (about which Carlos had some concerns) was posted at
<https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2015-07/msg00698.html>. How do the
Joseph S. Myers