This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH x86-64][BZ #20024] Fixed vector sincos/sincosf ABI
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andrew Senkevich <andrew dot n dot senkevich at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 22:50:18 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH x86-64][BZ #20024] Fixed vector sincos/sincosf ABI
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMXFM3tO0RGFjbrQaEV80rTCWmUy8LQjkZ7gRd9j+Q3YQ2+nAQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, 31 May 2016, Andrew Senkevich wrote:
> this patch fixes wrong vector sincos/sincosf ABI to have it compatible with
> current vector function declaration. According to current vector function
> declaration vectorized sincos should have vector of pointers for second and
> third parameters, so it is fixed with implementation as wrapper to version
> having second and third parameters as pointers.
> Is it Ok for trunk, 2.22 and 2.23 releases branches?
Do you intend a followup for trunk only that exports the new functions
with the intended ABI and makes the old ones into compat symbols?
> + INIT_VEC_LOOP (mr, (long int)r, VEC_LEN); \
> + INIT_VEC_LOOP (mr1, (long int)r1, VEC_LEN); \
> + vector_func (mx, mr, mr1); \
> + TEST_VEC_LOOP (*(FLOAT*)mr, VEC_LEN); \
> + TEST_VEC_LOOP (*(FLOAT*)mr1, VEC_LEN); \
Should have a space in casts, "(type) value", throughout this patch.
Joseph S. Myers