This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] localedef --old-style is a no-op
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Marko Myllynen <myllynen at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 22:31:05 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] localedef --old-style is a no-op
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <574835CB dot 5000401 at redhat dot com> <20160527181644 dot GK26300 at vapier dot lan> <574BC6FF dot 5030007 at redhat dot com>
On Mon, 30 May 2016, Marko Myllynen wrote:
> On 2016-05-27 21:16, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On 27 May 2016 14:55, Marko Myllynen wrote:
> >> The --old-style option for localedef is a no-op. Is the patch below to
> >> reflect this worth the effort (considering translations) or should we
> >> leave it as is? (I've already submitted a patch to man pages upstream
> >> to adjust the localedef(1) man page.)
> > this code has been dead for 16 years afaict. i think that's more than
> > enough time to let people update their scripts, so let's just drop the
> > option entirely.
> Ok, how about the patch below? (Please fine-tune the ChangeLog entry if
In my view such a feature removal (even of a no-op feature) merits a NEWS
entry as well.
Joseph S. Myers