This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Library auditing interface stability?
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at gmail dot com>, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 10:20:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: Library auditing interface stability?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <57169D19 dot 2030109 at redhat dot com> <CAOPLpQeV+hGcBZosGgN=8zZ9aycoFVG_BW9r9xDLQ4L0V8o=sA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 04/20/2016 04:24 PM, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 5:03 PM, Carlos O'Donell <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
In particular the La_*_regs and La_*_retval which contains
additional registers as we expand the supported ISAs.
la_version is there to preserve unlimited backward compatibility.
We have not used this mechanism when we added support for additional
registers to be passed to the PLT callbacks. Looking at commits
5cdd1989d1d2f135d02e66250f37ba8e767f9772, there is no way for an audit
module to notice if these additional fields are maintained by glibc.