This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Library auditing interface stability?
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 17:03:21 -0400
- Subject: Library auditing interface stability?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Do we care about the ABI and API stability of the library
In particular the La_*_regs and La_*_retval which contains
additional registers as we expand the supported ISAs.
I think the answer is: The library auditing interface is
only stable from release to release, and when a new release
comes out you have to rebuild your auditor modules.