This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PATCH v2] intl: reintroduce unintentionally disabled optimization
- From: "Dmitry V. Levin" <ldv at altlinux dot org>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 21:13:38 +0300
- Subject: [PATCH v2] intl: reintroduce unintentionally disabled optimization
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160124000754 dot GA27321 at altlinux dot org> <m27fizbc0k dot fsf at linux-m68k dot org>
HAVE_BUILTIN_EXPECT macro was removed by commit glibc-2.14-280-g3ce1f29,
but then its use was unintentionally reintroduced during merge with GNU
gettext 0.19.3 by commit glibc-2.20-324-g6d24885, effectively disabling
all optimization based on __builtin_expect. As intl files are also part
of GNU gettext, HAVE_BUILTIN_EXPECT macro cannot be removed, so define
it unconditionally in config.h.in instead.
* config.h.in (HAVE_BUILTIN_EXPECT): New macro.
config.h.in | 5 +++++
1 file changed, 5 insertions(+)
diff --git a/config.h.in b/config.h.in
index ec9c8bc..13c0044 100644
@@ -37,6 +37,11 @@
/* Define if static NSS modules are wanted. */
+/* Assume that the compiler supports __builtin_expect.
+ This macro is necessary for proper compilation of code
+ shared between GNU libc and GNU gettext projects. */
+#define HAVE_BUILTIN_EXPECT 1
/* Define if the compiler supports __builtin_memset. */