This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] intl: reintroduce unintentionally disabled optimization
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 09:46:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] intl: reintroduce unintentionally disabled optimization
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160124000754 dot GA27321 at altlinux dot org>
"Dmitry V. Levin" <email@example.com> writes:
> HAVE_BUILTIN_EXPECT macro was removed by commit glibc-2.14-280-g3ce1f29,
> but then unintentionally reintroduced during merge with GNU gettext
> 0.19.3 by commit glibc-2.20-324-g6d24885, effectively disabling all
> optimization based on __builtin_expect. As intl files are also part
> of GNU gettext, HAVE_BUILTIN_EXPECT macro cannot be removed, so guard
> its use with _LIBC macro.
How about defining HAVE_BUILTIN_EXPECT in config.h.in?
Andreas Schwab, firstname.lastname@example.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."