This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add __private_ss to s390 struct tcbhead.
- From: Marcin KoÅcielnicki <koriakin at 0x04 dot net>
- To: adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 15:12:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add __private_ss to s390 struct tcbhead.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1451752466-9429-1-git-send-email-koriakin at 0x04 dot net>
> Yes, the initial patch was sent prior the release dates. The only bit I
> would some comments is why adding '__glibc_reserved1' fields (alignment
That's because __private_ss offset from thread pointer is hardcoded in
gcc, and needs to be constant regardless of glibc configuration (it
works out to 0x20 for 31-bit, 0x38 for 64-bit) - the same thing is done
in i386 and x86_64 tcbhead.
> On 12-01-2016 10:21, Stefan Liebler wrote:
> > This is okay for s390.
> > Adhemerval, is this okay for 2.23?
> > It is needed to enable split-stack support on s390 (See gcc bug
> > Bye Stefan
I don't have push access, how do I get the patch applied?