This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add __private_ss to s390 struct tcbhead.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Marcin KoÅcielnicki <koriakin at 0x04 dot net>, adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 10:44:31 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add __private_ss to s390 struct tcbhead.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1451752466-9429-1-git-send-email-koriakin at 0x04 dot net> <56965B37 dot 1080602 at 0x04 dot net>
On 01/13/2016 09:12 AM, Marcin KoÅcielnicki wrote:
>> Yes, the initial patch was sent prior the release dates. The only bit I
>> would some comments is why adding '__glibc_reserved1' fields (alignment
> That's because __private_ss offset from thread pointer is hardcoded in gcc, and needs to be constant regardless of glibc configuration (it works out to 0x20 for 31-bit, 0x38 for 64-bit) - the same thing is done in i386 and x86_64 tcbhead.
>> On 12-01-2016 10:21, Stefan Liebler wrote:
>> > This is okay for s390.
>> > Adhemerval, is this okay for 2.23?
>> > It is needed to enable split-stack support on s390 (See gcc bug #68191).
>> > Bye Stefan
> I don't have push access, how do I get the patch applied?
Stefan Liebler should be able to push it for you.