This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Fix race in tst-mqueue5
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, "Paul E. Murphy" <murphyp at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 09:11:30 -0500
- Subject: Re: Fix race in tst-mqueue5
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <569552C6 dot 8050200 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <5695AF3D dot 3020303 at redhat dot com> <56965885 dot 4020300 at linaro dot org>
On 01/13/2016 09:00 AM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>> While I agree that any fix that makes tst-mqueue5 fail less spuriously is a good
>> thing, I'm curious about your review of the test as a whole (now that I've looked
>> at it again).
> I would say to just remove the spurious synchronization issues, specially the ones
> that might arise with the use of 'sleep' in bad ways.
Does that mean you'd rather see a more comprehensive fix?
The test still uses sleep() in one place.