This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Fix race in tst-mqueue5
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: "Paul E. Murphy" <murphyp at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 20:58:21 -0500
- Subject: Re: Fix race in tst-mqueue5
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <569552C6 dot 8050200 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On 01/12/2016 02:23 PM, Paul E. Murphy wrote:
> This seems to fix the test for ppc, and probably others too.
Had you considered the 'sleep (1);' on line 394 as another source of problems?
Must it be the case that by the time '(void) pthread_barrier_wait (b3);' returns,
the SIGRTMIN has been delivered and handled? Why isn't 'sigwait' required to make
this test operate without a race bewtween checking 'rtmin_cnt != 2' and the signal
arriving and being handled?
While I agree that any fix that makes tst-mqueue5 fail less spuriously is a good
thing, I'm curious about your review of the test as a whole (now that I've looked
at it again).