This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.23 --- Starting soft/slush freeze
- From: Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "Carlos O'Donell" <codonell at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 13:25:58 +0100
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.23 --- Starting soft/slush freeze
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5694161C dot 1010200 at linaro dot org>
On Mon, 2016-01-11 at 18:52 -0200, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> Hi all,
> At stated in a previous message we are now in soft/slushy freeze mode.
> Please do not commit new features other than the ones already reviewed.
> If your new feature still needs review and was not listed in the releases
> wiki as a blocker feature  it is unfortunately too late. Please defer
> to glibc 2.23 when it opens.
The barrier patch has been reviewed by Paul Murphy and tested by him on
Power. Paul said he might prefer if someone else reviewed it too,
though. Can this be considered reviewed then?
Also, what about the list of desirable features? I had assumed they are
candidates for late commits too but will, unlike blockers, not block the