This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] Initialize tunable list with the GLIBC_TUNABLES environment variable
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <sid at reserved-bit dot com>
- To: "Paul E. Murphy" <murphyp at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, roland at hack dot frob dot com, carlos at redhat dot com, Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 17:58:25 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] Initialize tunable list with the GLIBC_TUNABLES environment variable
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160111111719 dot GA4183 at devel dot intra dot reserved-bit dot com> <56941E13 dot 4040306 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 03:26:43PM -0600, Paul E. Murphy wrote:
> > +#define GLIBC_TUNABLES "GLIBC_TUNABLES"
> Should this be "GLIBC_TUNABLES=" to prevent matching a bogus prefix?
Thanks for pointing out the problem. I'm fixing it differently
though, by implementing the string comparison as strcmp instead, so
that it returns a mismatch if string lengths are different. I chose
this approach because the other uses of t_strncmp also had the same
problem you pointed out.