Re: Don't use -Wno-uninitialized in math/

On Thu, 20 Aug 2015, Stan Shebs wrote:

> Yes, that works, thanks!  I notice that there are several pre-existing
> instances of this pattern, but some list 4.9 and others list 5 as the
> version - does anybody know if there is a canonical minimal GCC
> version for the better uninitialized warning, or is it just whatever
> was getting tested at the time?

The version listed with the DIAG_* macros is always the version that is
observed to have the bad warning - the point of the version number is to
indicate to recheck if the bad warning is still seen after support for
that version is obsoleted.  It's whatever someone was testing with, not
necessarily the most recent version with the bad warning (so if listed as
4.8, it may well still be the case that the warning is present with
current GCC trunk).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com