This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Another GLIBC build error with GCC6
- From: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
- To: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 10:23:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: Another GLIBC build error with GCC6
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1437496279 dot 19674 dot 126 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <1437507995 dot 19674 dot 136 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <55AEA71B dot 2020405 at redhat dot com> <1437509796 dot 19674 dot 138 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <55AEB7FF dot 1000405 at redhat dot com> <1437518197 dot 19674 dot 152 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <20150721224637 dot 1E0102C3B32 at topped-with-meat dot com> <55AF30A1 dot 2030402 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <1437578812 dot 19674 dot 161 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <mvmzj2o9nse dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <1437581957 dot 19674 dot 167 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <87pp3kf942 dot fsf at igel dot home> <1437582979 dot 19674 dot 168 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <55AFCCD9 dot 3040805 at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- Reply-to: <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
On Wed, 2015-07-22 at 10:03 -0700, Paul Eggert wrote:
> Steve Ellcey wrote:
> > I can't seem to find it in my email, can you send it again?
> One must read Andreas's messages carefully. You could try the attached
> (untested) patch, which implements his suggestion.
That seems to work fine for elf/dl-deps.c where we use DT_EXTRATAGIDX
with arguments of either DT_AUXILIARY or DT_FILTER but I see this
macro is also used in elf/get-dynamic-info.h, do we know what values
it may be given there because the macro isn't going to result in the
same results for all inputs.