This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Use IE model for static variables in glibc
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, carlos at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 10:54:00 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use IE model for static variables in glibc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150709180544 dot GA8522 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <20150709234314 dot GC6230 at domone>
On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 01:43:14AM +0200, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> If we are at dlopen what happens if user uses older glibc version?
It shouldn't matter since the variables are static. If we are to
compile all of libc.so with ftls-model=initial-exec though, then I'll
need to make sure that public accesses such as errno remain unchanged.