This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Use IE model for static variables in glibc
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 16:50:54 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use IE model for static variables in glibc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150709180544 dot GA8522 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <20150709234314 dot GC6230 at domone>
On 07/09/2015 07:43 PM, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
>> The impact is hence limited to statically linked binaries that dlopen
>> modules that in turn load libc.so, all that on arm hardware. It seems
>> like a small enough impact to justify fixing the larger problem that
>> currently affects everything everywhere.
> If we are at dlopen what happens if user uses older glibc version?
That is an unsupported scenario.
You must only dlopen a runtime that exactly matches the runtime you
were statically linked with.
Anything other than that is not supported.