This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Misaligned stack on 32-bit s390?
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 08:51:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: Misaligned stack on 32-bit s390?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54619F3E dot 8080306 at redhat dot com> <5461D6CA dot 9030902 at twiddle dot net> <5461DBC4 dot 9090508 at redhat dot com> <5462231E dot 3050502 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <5462DB6B dot 8060405 at redhat dot com> <20141112070929 dot GR2086 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
On 11/12/2014 02:09 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 11:00:43PM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> Please note that the patch I posted is incomplete, it fails to
>> readjust _dl_argv which is cached by the loader and needs to be
>> changed if argv is moved. Simple fix though.
> Here's the updated patch that adjusts _dl_argv. As a result now,
> _dl_argv is no longer relro on s390. Tested to verify that there are
> no new failures on s390.
> OK to commit?
The dlfcn/default test case is good enough to catch future
failures with _dl_argv so I'm happy there. I don't think it's all
that useful to write tests to check for stack alignment at each
point along the startup.
Andreas Krebbel ACK'd the original patch so I think this is good
to go in. The only change in this v2 patch is the adjustment of
_dl_argv which looks correct to me.
Please check this in.