Re: Misaligned stack on 32-bit s390?

On 11/12/2014 02:09 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 11:00:43PM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> Please note that the patch I posted is incomplete, it fails to
>> readjust _dl_argv which is cached by the loader and needs to be
>> changed if argv is moved. Simple fix though.
>
> Here's the updated patch that adjusts _dl_argv.  As a result now,
> _dl_argv is no longer relro on s390.  Tested to verify that there are
> no new failures on s390.
>
> OK to commit?

Yes.

The dlfcn/default test case is good enough to catch future
failures with _dl_argv so I'm happy there. I don't think it's all
that useful to write tests to check for stack alignment at each
point along the startup.

Andreas Krebbel ACK'd the original patch so I think this is good
to go in. The only change in this v2 patch is the adjustment of
_dl_argv which looks correct to me.

Please check this in.

Cheers,
Carlos.