This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Misaligned stack on 32-bit s390?
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 10:28:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: Misaligned stack on 32-bit s390?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54619F3E dot 8080306 at redhat dot com>
On 11/11/2014 06:31 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Any clever ideas on how to fix this without copying up a large
> portion of the stack?
Nope, because other targets do in fact have to do just that.
I'm actually surprised that almost all of them don't. I suppose
that just depends on how the ABI is set up to pass parameters to
the user _start...
Fortunately, s390 has a block copy instruction, so the move
should be trivial to implement.