This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Misaligned stack on 32-bit s390?
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 23:00:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: Misaligned stack on 32-bit s390?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54619F3E dot 8080306 at redhat dot com> <5461D6CA dot 9030902 at twiddle dot net> <5461DBC4 dot 9090508 at redhat dot com> <5462231E dot 3050502 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On 11/11/2014 09:54 AM, Andreas Krebbel wrote:
> Would you like to continue working on it or should we try to take
> over? (Stefan or myself)
We can get it done. It would be great to have you review the final
Please note that the patch I posted is incomplete, it fails to
readjust _dl_argv which is cached by the loader and needs to be
changed if argv is moved. Simple fix though.
I also don't know how long s390 lasted without this breaking
something. I guess aligned stacks don't really matter all that