This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Implement strlcpy [BZ #178]
- From: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- To: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- Cc: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, "libc-al >> GNU C Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 12:21:13 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Implement strlcpy [BZ #178]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5416EDEA dot 4080903 at redhat dot com> <54170B62 dot 90900 at cs dot ucla dot edu>
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 08:53:06AM -0700, Paul Eggert wrote:
> It's *particularly* not a good idea to add propaganda to the manual,
> with phrases calling strlcpy "more useful". I mean, c'mon.
I'm perfectly fine with the manual addition stating that this function
is not recommended for use in new code. In fact that's what I would