This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Implement strlcpy [BZ #178]
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, "libc-al >> GNU C Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 08:53:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Implement strlcpy [BZ #178]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5416EDEA dot 4080903 at redhat dot com>
It would not be a good idea to add this to glibc, not only because this
implementation would be incompatible with OpenBSD's, but more generally
because the interface is poorly designed.
It's *particularly* not a good idea to add propaganda to the manual,
with phrases calling strlcpy "more useful". I mean, c'mon.