This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH roland/nptl-sparc] Move remaining SPARC code out of nptl/.
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: roland at hack dot frob dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 22:27:26 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH roland/nptl-sparc] Move remaining SPARC code out of nptl/.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140620 dot 201345 dot 1674593995772757397 dot davem at davemloft dot net> <20140622 dot 170145 dot 629623305418182283 dot davem at davemloft dot net> <20140623170840 dot E8B952C3A0C at topped-with-meat dot com>
From: Roland McGrath <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 10:08:40 -0700 (PDT)
> 2. The sparc internaltypes.h doesn't actually define anything differently
> from the common one. It just adds extra types that are used only by a
> few sparc implementation .c files. So it could just be a separate
> sparc-specific header by a different name. This might be what's really
> the best idea, on the general principle that if you can do your
> machine-specific work just as cleanly with new machine-specific files
> that do not interact with shared sysdeps files, then that choice
> simplifies things by reducing such interactions that you or other
> maintainers have to worry about in the future.
I think this is the way to go, regardless of what you end up doing with
I'll work on this.