Re: [Patch] Fix PRI_MACROS_BROKEN undef warnings.

On Mon, 2014-04-28 at 14:42 -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:

> Let's try to do that harmonization before touching this file otherwise.
> The differences in this one file look pretty small.  But really someone
> should take on the task for all of intl/ to figure out which files should
> be shared with gettext and review the differences.
>
> Perhaps as part of that a change like yours will go into the gettext
> version of loadmsgcat.c for libc's benefit.  Or perhaps it's appropriate
> for us to just define PRI_MACROS_BROKEN to 0 in config.h.in or someplace
> like that.
>

> Thanks,
> Roland

I looked at using configure to define PRI_MACROS_BROKEN but the intl
directory in glibc doesn't have a configure file and creating one just
for PRI_MACROS_BROKEN seemed a bit excessive.  I sent email to the
gettext list and they checked in a change to define
PRI_MACROS_BROKEN to 0 if it is not already defined when compiled.

I know that is not our preferred solution for glibc specific code but
hopefully it is OK in shared code.

So if we pick up the latest gettext sources and move it into glibc we
should get this fix as a side affect of that import.  I am not going to
look at doing that right now, but might be able to look into it at some
point if no one else gets to it first.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gettext/2014-04/msg00027.html

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@mips.com