This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [Patch] Fix PRI_MACROS_BROKEN undef warnings.
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "Steve Ellcey " <sellcey at mips dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 14:42:00 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix PRI_MACROS_BROKEN undef warnings.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <e8922627-610c-411b-af5f-4ac95d4648a6 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org>
Some of the intl/ code (including loadmsgcat.c) comes from gettext
(http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gettext/). Ideally we should coordinate
with those maintainers and try to keep these files exact verbatim copies,
as is the plan with things used in gnulib. (The gettext runtime is even
licensed as LGPL>=2.1 already, so we should be able to use literally
verbatim copies without even automated munging of the copyright text.)
Let's try to do that harmonization before touching this file otherwise.
The differences in this one file look pretty small. But really someone
should take on the task for all of intl/ to figure out which files should
be shared with gettext and review the differences.
Perhaps as part of that a change like yours will go into the gettext
version of loadmsgcat.c for libc's benefit. Or perhaps it's appropriate
for us to just define PRI_MACROS_BROKEN to 0 in config.h.in or someplace