This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Chroot testsuite
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Ryan Arnold <ryan dot arnold at linaro dot org>
- Cc: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>, Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 23:28:37 -0500
- Subject: Re: Chroot testsuite
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52A6732E dot 4030905 at redhat dot com> <CANu=DmgWNhyxq9vE37bvvD=PrDrfi0Y+eAMv0i2KZPxaEnEOxw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131210111201 dot GA5309 at domone dot podge> <52A764F3 dot 60501 at redhat dot com> <CAJE4xBMs-Qz4J01Z7M4ebwA11MZ_Uf6vdbSJ-GyCuZHbWNCFjw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 12/19/2013 10:04 PM, Ryan Arnold wrote:
>> I agree.
>> We need some kind of VM-based or chroot-based testing.
> I'll actually be working on a chroot based testsuite for glibc for my
> work at Linaro starting in January. I should have a preliminary
> design I can put forward in a few weeks for comment.
> The first pass might not be as full featured as some people might want.
Please do not let that stop you. Full featured is not a required
bullet point on any design I've been thinking about. Simply
adding chroot based testing would allow us to begin adding
tests for ldconfig, networking, the resolver etc. etc.