Chroot testsuite

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 10:30:50AM +0000, Will Newton wrote:
> On 10 December 2013 01:49, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Carlos,
>
> > I've had one report that the pointer mangling support on 32-bit ARM
> > that was added in October might be causing the Ruby [1] testsuite
> > to fail.
> >
> > Could you try running the ruby testsuite yourself using the new
> > 32-bit glibc runtime to see if you can reproduce the problem
> > yourself?
>
> Sure, I'll take a look.
>
> > Does Linaro have a rawhide-esque setup for testing like this or
> > do you just debootstrap a chroot and use that?
>
> We have monthly builds of OpenEmbedded and Ubuntu:
>
> http://www.linaro.org/downloads/
>
> Probably not as good for continuous integration as Rawhide though.

This is one of my todo-list items that its bit hard for users if
patch fixes a problem.

It would be simpler if we convert testsuite to a script that chroots,
runs kvm with new glibc installed and run busybox and run tests there.

This would make better coverage and catch errors quicker as probably a
gcc test that we try first would crash. If gdb would work we could
quickly find problem.