This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Chroot testsuite
- From: Ryan Arnold <ryan dot arnold at linaro dot org>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>, Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 21:04:17 -0600
- Subject: Re: Chroot testsuite
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52A6732E dot 4030905 at redhat dot com> <CANu=DmgWNhyxq9vE37bvvD=PrDrfi0Y+eAMv0i2KZPxaEnEOxw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131210111201 dot GA5309 at domone dot podge> <52A764F3 dot 60501 at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Carlos O'Donell <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 12/10/2013 06:12 AM, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 10:30:50AM +0000, Will Newton wrote:
>>> On 10 December 2013 01:49, Carlos O'Donell <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Carlos,
>>>> I've had one report that the pointer mangling support on 32-bit ARM
>>>> that was added in October might be causing the Ruby  testsuite
>>>> to fail.
>>>> Could you try running the ruby testsuite yourself using the new
>>>> 32-bit glibc runtime to see if you can reproduce the problem
>>> Sure, I'll take a look.
>>>> Does Linaro have a rawhide-esque setup for testing like this or
>>>> do you just debootstrap a chroot and use that?
>>> We have monthly builds of OpenEmbedded and Ubuntu:
>>> Probably not as good for continuous integration as Rawhide though.
>> This is one of my todo-list items that its bit hard for users if
>> patch fixes a problem.
>> It would be simpler if we convert testsuite to a script that chroots,
>> runs kvm with new glibc installed and run busybox and run tests there.
>> This would make better coverage and catch errors quicker as probably a
>> gcc test that we try first would crash. If gdb would work we could
>> quickly find problem.
> I agree.
> We need some kind of VM-based or chroot-based testing.
I'll actually be working on a chroot based testsuite for glibc for my
work at Linaro starting in January. I should have a preliminary
design I can put forward in a few weeks for comment.
The first pass might not be as full featured as some people might want.