This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PowerPC: Add DSO and TAR fields to TLS
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 15:44:07 -0200
- Subject: Re: PowerPC: Add DSO and TAR fields to TLS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52A9B0D7 dot 702 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <52A9F3AE dot 2070703 at redhat dot com>
On 12-12-2013 15:34, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 12/12/2013 07:49 AM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> This patch add three fields in powerpc tcb: one for tar save (ISA 2.07) and
>> two for DSO (Dynamic System Optimizer, an IBM product). Tested on PPC32,
>> PPC64, PPC64LE. Ok to apply?
> Looks good to me as long as nothing else relies on the size of the DTV
> and that offsets into the DTV are negative from the thread pointer
> such that adding things to the front of the structure is appropriate.
> I don't think anything relies on DTV size, and the Power TLS ABI does
> indeed use negative offsets from the thread pointer.
> Correct me if I'm wrong.
AFAIK there is no code relying on DTV struct size and powerpc tls abi uses negative offsets
(that's why we add new tcb member at start of the structure).