This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: PR13984 - gdb stops controlling a thread after "Remote 'g' packet reply is too long: ..." error message
- From: Orgad Shaneh <orgads at gmail dot com>
- To: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 23:07:30 +0300
- Subject: Re: PR13984 - gdb stops controlling a thread after "Remote 'g' packet reply is too long: ..." error message
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGHpTBJLq0RhLo=tTP_BmDzNAaVFCHebBvoom21x-ETT9t4ZQw at mail dot gmail dot com> <570C14D4 dot 3030600 at codesourcery dot com> <CAGHpTBLM5r5xVWzxYv=qZpRz_o-d9=gp_yg+RSYqoEXFBywgfQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <570CFA04 dot 3070109 at codesourcery dot com> <CAGHpTBKTr=DcosvWbObCpFPGjNqgMqhQwBgRn3MOz6voBLGkkw at mail dot gmail dot com> <570E99DC dot 8080902 at codesourcery dot com>
On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:11 PM, Luis Machado
> On 04/13/2016 12:43 AM, Orgad Shaneh wrote:
>>>> I got this message when I tried to remotely debug a
>>>> mips64-octeon-linux gdbserver 6.8 with GDB >= 7.5.
>>>> GDB <= 7.4.1 works well, but with 7.5 and up I receive this message
>>>> and the debugger stops functioning.
>>> I suppose GDB 7.5 is slightly incompatible with older gdbserver versions.
>>> What kind of target description does gdbserver return in this case (set
>>> debug remote 1)?
>> Full log attached. Thanks for your help.
>> - Orgad
> Strange. If this is gdbserver 6.8, it should've replied to the qSupported packet? That one was added in 6.6.
Sorry, my fault. The gdbserver is GNU gdb 6.5 Cavium Networks Version:
1_7_0, build 45
gdbserver 6.8 is in Cavium SDK2. I don't know if it works with recent GDB.